The Amish Craftsman is growing, and we’re looking for the right SALESPERSON to join us! If you or someone you know are upbeat, energetic, possess great communication skills & like helping people, we would love to talk with you. We offer an extensive training program, so furniture experience isn’t necessary. Please email Kim at email@example.com for further details about the position.
If you recommend a person, we hire them, and they are on-board for 6 months, you will receive $1000 of in-store credit!
POSITION: FULL-TIME RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE AT THE AMISH CRAFTSMAN
- We are looking for a professional retail sales associate to join our team. We are a high-end retail store selling handmade, solid wood furniture built by the Amish.
- We are a small, locally owned, family business.
- Our customer base values craftsmanship, timeless design and an outstanding customer service experience.
- This is relationship selling – we develop relationships with our clients and they often return again and again.
- The store environment is positive and fun. We are a hard working bunch but we also have fun! We are looking for a candidate that is committed to growing personally, and as part of our team.
- We have a low employee turn-over rate, and we want to hire a person looking for a long-term career with The Amish Craftsman.
- The key to our success is positive employees that understand what is expected of them, know how to do their jobs well and are rewarded according to their performance.
- This is a draw plus commission paid position.
- Customer service or retail experience preferred, but certainly not necessary. Previous commissioned sales experience preferred, but not a deal breaker. We are willing to invest and train in the right person. The right attitude is more important than experience. We will train you to sell our product lines using our selling process.
- We offer extensive sales and product training.
- Store hours: Monday-Saturday (10AM-6PM)
- Saturdays and certain holidays are required, but no late evenings.
- Work week is 5 days.
- There is a 90-day probation period.
- Deliver a professional and effective buying experience to each and every customer through the use of professional selling skills, product knowledge and customer service.
- Participate in all efforts to maximize the store’s sales growth and profitability.
- Support and achieve store sales goals and standards.
- Listen to customers carefully, building trust and developing long lasting relationships.
- Stay current on product information, training programs and advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Take initiative to develop professionally.
- Maintain sales floor coverage and follow schedules. This sometimes requires flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
- Ensure furniture product and displays are maintained.
- Follow all store procedures and help to improve them.
- Willing and able to motivate self.
- Have a positive attitude toward the job, the store and team members.
- Financially motivated! After all, this is a commission sales job!
- Absolutely no gossip.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
- Working face to face with customers.
- Developing & maintaining customer relationships from beginning to end – through order and delivery process.
- Working on customer related projects – very important (quotes, room sketches, etc…).
- Performing follow-up on customer inquiries, quotes & orders.
- Provide customer status updates & answer customer inquiries (by phone, email and in-store).
- Performing follow-up on customer quotes & orders.
- Actively participating in sales training programs, meetings & protocol.
- Polite, patient and respectful with co-workers and customers (very important)!
- Energetic, with a positive outlook (even more important!). Moody, pessimistic or cranky people need not apply! We’d like to stay happy!
- Like helping people (be sales and service driven). We are a help and service driven organization.
- Good conversationalist & great interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Eager to learn about furniture & our industry.
- Eager to educate customers about the value of handmade, custom furniture.
- Willing to work as part of a small team & to take direction.
- Willing to go the extra mile for customers, co-workers and the store.
- Willing to work weekends & holidays.
- Professional & polished appearance.
- Flexible. We are a small business and you have to be willing to pitch in where needed.
- There is no such thing as “that’s not my job” at our store.
- Job Location. Houston, Texas, United States.
- Position Type. Full-Time/Regular
Pay & Benefits
- Draw with commission.
- We also offer generous monthly bonuses based on attainment of personal and store sales goals.
- Other benefits offered include coverage (100% or a portion of) the following:
- Health Insurance
- Long-term & Short term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA plan (Fidelity – with matching contribution)
- Employee Merchandise Discount Program for employee and family (living under same roof).
- Paid time off