It’s no secret we’re fans of Amish furniture. We respect the Amish builders and their incredible work ethics. The quality of the furniture they build is impeccable. And, perhaps most importantly, we consider it the most beautiful furniture available. So when you sit down to dine with family and friends, shouldn’t you be sitting down to the very best? Here are some of our go-to tips on furnishing your dining room:
- Know your style. You have one, and we can help you figure out what it is. Maybe it’s traditional, maybe it’s contemporary. Maybe it’s Shaker, Mission, or Transitional. Maybe you like little touches of several different styles. Whatever style you choose, it should complement both the room itself and you. Here’s a great breakdown to help you get started!
- Know your needs. Do you enjoy hosting and need more room to serve and sit? Or maybe you have little storage elsewhere and need a small table but plenty of storage for dinnerware and serving pieces. It’s important to think about what purpose(s) your dining room will serve, and how best to accommodate.
- Know your space. Measure, measure, measure! Measure from wall to wall. We highly recommend doing a sketch of your room with measurements, doorways, even windows. The size of each piece of furniture will most likely be determined based on the size of your room, so it’s important to do this before you set foot out the door to shop. If you need to occasionally seat 12 people in a small space, a table with several leaves is probably best for you.
- Know your choices. There are TONS of options when it comes to dining room furniture. It can be overwhelming! Aside from your table and chairs (arguably most important), you have your choices of hutches, sideboards, buffets, curios, and pie safes. Fear not! We can help with these decisions too. We are trained in design and layout details to help you make the most efficient use of your space, while keeping it visually appealing and user-friendly. We can also help you narrow down what you need based on your style, needs, and space.
- Shop till you drop. Dining room furniture is very often handed down to the next generation. If you are considering buying a high-quality piece, you’ll want it to last and stay beautiful. It is vital to find a piece that fits your needs perfectly and exceeds your expectations visually. The best news is that each piece ordered from us is custom built to your needs. So the wood, finish, even design details can be customized and built just for you. We encourage you to shop around. We are confident you will not find the same customer service or quality of product anywhere else.
We know we sound confident. We are. We have owned and shopped and seen what else is out there. The furniture at the Amish Craftsman will surpass others in both quality and beauty. And as an added bonus, we know our builders. We’re friends with them! So we know the people who are building the furniture we sell, and we are confident of their dedication to craftsmanship.
As confident as we are, we are always open to new ideas and suggestions. What are your favorite tips for dining rooms?